Utilizing the Bilingual Common Core Progressions for English Language Learners, LAS Links® Online can be used to monitor student progress in acquiring English language skills throughout the school year in Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. Using student performance data, the platform enables educators to understand the progress of students as they move through the stages of language acquisition, from grades pre K–12. This research-based assessment allows teachers to pinpoint areas of student strengths and weaknesses well before NYSESLAT testing, allowing for targeted and meaningful instruction for each student.
LAS Links Español is a research-based, Spanish language proficiency assessment that measures the speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills of K–12 students. It helps teachers identify language difficulties a student may have in Spanish and track and monitor progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency. When combined with LAS Links English, it provides a complete linguistic profile. Stakeholders can use comprehensive language proficiency data to target instruction to meet each student’s needs during the year to help speed progress toward Spanish language proficiency. LAS Links Español may also be used to monitor the language progress of students in your Dual Language program.
With LAS Links you can:
- Meet the requirements put forth in NYSED's Reopening Guidance for Progress Monitoring ELLs. More detailed and in-depth information regarding how LAS Links meets each requirement is available upon request.
- Utilizing the Bilingual Common Core Progressions along with student performance data on LAS Links to pinpoint areas of student strengths and weaknesses well before NYSESLAT testing, allowing for targeted and meaningful instruction for each student.
- Generate student language proficiency reports as well as student academic language scores in Math, Science, Technical Subjects, Social Studies, History, and Language Arts, including longitudinal reporting between grades and year-over-year.
- Access On-Demand reporting to share student results in a timely manner with stakeholders in order to provide meaningful instruction.
- Score locally or utilize DRC’s complete online scoring services which includes scoring of Speaking, Reading and Writing constructed/recorded responses.
- Utilize DRC INSIGHT™, the industry’s most reliable online testing system. LAS Links Online, powered by DRC INSIGHT is a secure, web-based platform that delivered more than 42 million educational assessments year-over-year to nearly every state in the nation.