LAS Links Success Stories
Watch our latest DRC video on the School District of Palm Beach County which is using – Using LAS Links Español to Gain a More Complete Picture of Students and Their Linguistic Abilities
Learn why the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) selected LAS Links and how they utilize the data to inform instruction and drive student performance across their Academic English Mastery – Standard English Learner Program.
LAS Links Overview
Advance Your Students’ English Language Proficiency and Spanish Language Proficiency
In U.S. public schools, one in ten students receives English language services—and that number continues to grow. Additionally, other students may also need additional language instruction to meet academic proficiency targets.
Data Recognition Corporation provides a comprehensive family of solutions, called LAS Links®, to help you easily identify and monitor the progress of English language learners-, from PreK-3 to 12th grade. Your early learners will benefit from the preLAS and the preLAS Observational Assessment and you can use the LAS Links suite of assessments for your annual accountability testing program and periodic assessment and placement. preLAS and LAS Links addresses all of your language assessment needs—from gauging the abilities of new students and measuring their progress to lesson plans, instructional tools, and training materials to you support and monitor student growth throughout the school year. LAS Links is also available in Spanish to serve dual-language and bilingual programs—specifically preLAS Español and LAS Links Español.
With our reliable, research-based tools, you can:
- Accurately assesses preK3–12 English and Spanish language proficiency
- Measure and report on student progress toward English and Spanish proficiency standards
- Allow teachers to develop targeted strategies to accelerate progress toward language proficiency
- Determine when students are ready to exit ELL programs
- Comply with Federal Title III reporting requirements
- Assess academic language to measure and report a student’s language proficiency within and across content areas such as Math, Science, Technical Subjects, History, Social Studies, and Language Arts
- Access Lexile® measures to advance students’ reading comprehension