LAS Links Español Paper/Pencil
FORMS: Español A and Español B
GRADE SPANS: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12
BROCHURE: Click Here
LAS Links Español Paper/Pencil measures Spanish language proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension.
LAS Links Español is grade-level appropriate and is available in five grade bands:
- Primary (K*-1)
- Early Elementary (2-3)
- Elementary (4-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- High School (9-12)
* K is an abbreviated assessment
Complete Linguistic Profile
LAS Links Español is a research-based assessment that measures the speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills of K-12 Spanish-speaking students. These assessments help you identify language difficulties a student may have in Spanish as well as track and monitor progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency. When combined with the English version of LAS Links, it provides a complete linguistic profile of a multilingual student.
Test formats include multiple-choice and performance-based questions to address a wide range of language skills across all four language domains. Theme-based language tests cover subjects such as mathematics, science and technology, reading/language arts, and social studies to better evaluate student understanding of both academic and social language.
Test administration and scoring is easy and efficient with the LAS Links Español paper/pencil version. The student books contain all four skill areas—reading, writing, speaking, and listening, greatly simplifying paper/pencil test administration.
Comprehensive Data to Target Instruction
You can use comprehensive data to target instruction for each student throughout the school-year to help accelerate progress toward language proficiency. LAS Links Español provides a true linguistic profile, enabling you to develop distinct language proficiency learning paths to more quickly close students’ proficiency and achievement gaps and to accurately place them in or out of English Language Learner and bilingual programs. Additionally, the newest LAS Links Español forms correspond to the needs of College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS).
- Five grade bands
- Two forms (A & B) to allow for pre-test, post-test, and other multiple testing scenarios
LAS Links Español Paper/Pencil enables your program to:
- Access easy-to-understand reports that assess students’ proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension
- View comparable scores to the English version of LAS Links
- Obtain a true linguistic profile when you use LAS Links Español with the English version of LAS Links and help your multilingual students close achievement gaps
- Provide a test aligned with national Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards and state standards and which is linked to College and Career Readiness Standards
- Deliver a common scale that allows administrators to measure year-over-year student growth
- Measure both social and academic language skills
- Accurately place students into Dual Language Programs
- Create a comprehensive student language profile for planning Bilingual or Dual Language curriculum
Click here for more information on LAS Links Paper/Pencil Español