LAS Links Español Online
FORMS: Español A and Español B
GRADE SPANS: K-1, 2-3, 4-5, 6-8, 9-12
BROCHURE: Click Here
LAS Links Español Online is a research-based, Spanish language proficiency assessment that measures the speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills of K-12 students. It helps teachers in dual language and bilingual programs identify language difficulties students may have in Spanish and track and monitor progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency. When combined with the English version of LAS Links, it provides a complete linguistic profile. Stakeholders can use comprehensive language proficiency data to target instruction to meet each student’s needs during the year and help accelerate progress toward Spanish language proficiency.
LAS Links Español Online provides a full suite of LAS Links reports.
- Offers flexible scoring and reporting options
- Combines online and paper/pencil results
- Provides access to immediate results via an online reporting system
LAS Links Español Online enables your program to:
- Provides a research-based assessment with easy-to-understand reports that assess your Spanish-speaking students’ proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension
- Furnishes comparable scores to the English version of LAS Links
- Assesses academic language to measure and report a students’ language proficiency within and across content areas, such as math, science, technical subjects, history, social studies, and language arts
- Provides Lexile® measures to advance students’ reading comprehension
LAS Links Español Online Form A offers important information for determining Spanish language proficiency and subsequently for planning instructional programs and making decisions about language dominance, identification, classification, eligibility, and placement. The test results can also be used to identify students who would benefit from taking English assessments in their native language, to identify difficulties in their native language, and to monitor and track progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency.
LAS Links Español Online Form B identifies the specific academic language related to the content areas of language arts, social studies, history, mathematics, science, and technical subjects, along with instructional and interpersonal communications. Monitoring academic language is important in order to ensure students are prepared to engage in the academic discourse that will be expected of them in today’s classrooms.
With LAS Links Español Online you can:
- Place students into or exit them from English Language Learner and bilingual programs
- Monitor student progress toward language proficiency throughout the school year (pre- and post-test opportunities)
- Create a comprehensive student language profile for planning bilingual or dual language curricula
- Help plan instructional programs and make decisions about language dominance, identification, classification, eligibility, and placement
- Determine students’ native language proficiency
- Compare to the English version of LAS Links by contrasting scores to develop a complete linguistic profile
- Use students’ linguistic profiles to plan bilingual or dual language curricula
LAS Links Español Online provides you with:
- Valid and reliable research-based tests
- Instruments aligned with national Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards and state standards and linked to College and Career Readiness Standards (CCRS)
- A common scale that allows administrators to measure student growth from year to year
- Instruments that measure both social and academic language skills (BICS and CALP)
Click here for more information on LAS Links Español Online