LAS Links Assessments—Español
Measures Spanish language proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension.
LAS Links Assessments− Español are grade-level appropriate and available in five grade bands:
- Primary (K*–1)
- Early Elementary (2–3)
- Elementary (4–5)
- Middle School (6–8)
- High School (9–12)
* K is an abbreviated assessment
Complete Linguistic Profile
LAS Links Assessments— Español are research-based assessments that measure the speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills of K–12 Spanish-speaking students. These assessments help you identify language difficulties a student may have in Spanish and track and monitor progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency. When combined with LAS Links Assessments—English, it provides a complete linguistic profile.
Test formats include multiple-choice and performance-based questions to address a wide range of language skills across all of the language domains. Theme-based language tests cover subjects such as mathematics, science and technology, reading/language arts, and social studies to better evaluate student understanding of both academic and social language.
Easy test administration and scoring with LAS Links Assessments—Español, you will find everything you need to make test administration easy and efficient. All skill areas—reading, writing, speaking, and listening—are contained in a single student book, greatly simplifying paper test administration while LAS Links Online fully eliminates the need for one-to-one administration.
Comprehensive Data to Target Instruction
You can use comprehensive data to target instruction to meet each student’s needs during the year to help speed progress toward language proficiency. LAS Links Assessments— Español provide a true linguistic profile, enabling you to develop distinct language proficiency learning paths to more quickly close students’ proficiency and achievement gaps, and to accurately place them in or out of ELL and bilingual programs. Additionally, the newest LAS Links Assessments— Español forms correspond to the needs of the College and Career Readiness Standards.
- Five grade bands available
- Two forms available (A & B) to allow for pre-test and posttest and other multiple testing scenarios
- Easy-to-understand reports that assess a student’s proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension
- Comparable scores to LAS Links Assessments—English
- Available in both the Online and Paper formats
- Get a true linguistic profile when you use LAS Links Assessments— Español with LAS Links Assessments— English and help your students close achievement gaps
- Provide a test aligned with national Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards and state standards, and linked to the College and Career Readiness Standards
- Deliver a common scale that allows administrators to measure student growth from year to year
- Measure both social and academic language skills.
- Give students the ability to acquire language skills when they have multiple opportunities to process meaning with other students, their teachers, and other adults in school and elsewhere.
- Accurately place students into Dual Language Programs
- Compare to LAS Links Assessments— English by contrasting scores in both English and Spanish
- Create a comprehensive student language profile for planning Bilingual or Dual Language curricula