LAS Links Español®
LAS Links Español is a research-based, Spanish language proficiency assessment that measures the speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension skills of K–12 students. It helps teachers identify language difficulties a student may have in Spanish and track and monitor progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency. When combined with LAS Links English, it provides a complete linguistic profile. Stakeholders can use comprehensive language proficiency data to target instruction to meet each student’s needs during the year to help speed progress toward Spanish language proficiency.
LAS Links Español®
2 Forms: Español A and Español B
Grade Spans: K–1, 2–3, 4–5, 6–8, 9–12
- Easy-to-understand reports that assess a student’s proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension
- Comparable scores to LAS Links English
- Assesses academic language to measure and report a student’s language proficiency within and across content areas such as Math, Science, Technical Subjects, History, Social Studies, and Language Arts
- Provides Lexile® measures to advance students’ reading comprehension
LAS Links Español provides a research-based assessment with easy to understand reports that assess your Spanish-speaking students’ proficiency in speaking, listening, reading, writing, and comprehension.
LAS Links Español provides important information for determining Spanish language proficiency and subsequently for planning instructional programs and making decisions about language dominance, identification, classification, eligibility, and placement. The test results can also be used to identify students who would benefit from taking assessments in the native language, to identify difficulties in the native language, and to monitor and track progress in attaining Spanish language proficiency.
LAS Links Español Form B identifies the specific academic language related to the content areas of language arts, social studies, history, mathematics, science, and technical subjects, along with instructional and interpersonal communications, in order to ensure students are prepared to engage in the academic discourse that will be expected of them in today’s classrooms.
With LAS Links Español you can:
- Place students into or exit them from ELL and bilingual programs
- Monitor student progress towards language proficiency throughout the school year (Pre/Post test opportunities)
- Create a comprehensive student language profile for planning bilingual or dual language curricula
- Help planning instructional programs and making decisions about language dominance, identification, classification, eligibility, and placement
The LAS Links Español Assessments provide you with:
- Valid and reliable research-based tests
- Instruments aligned with national Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) standards and state standards, and linked to the College and Career Readiness Standards
- Tests with a common scale that allows administrators to measure student growth from year to year
- Instruments that measures both social and academic language skills
LAS Links Español is available online and in paper & pencil and provides a full suite of LAS Links reports.
- Offers flexible scoring and reporting options
- Users can obtain immediate results
- Can combine online and paper results and view them using the online reporting system
Use LAS Links Español and help your students close achievement gaps.
- Determine students’ native language proficiency
- Compare to LAS Links English by contrasting scores to develop a complete linguistic profile
- Use students’ linguistic profiles to plan bilingual or dual language curricula
- Identify students who would benefit from taking assessments in their native language
- Identify language difficulties the student may have in Spanish
Click here for more information on LAS Links Español Online